Sunday, May 25, 2014

More sunshine

Squirrels have been active.  One begged at the window.  The regulars came to the feeder, along with a titmouse.  I glimpsed a female towhee under the rosemary and a female goldfinch above the birdhouse.  I shook off the chair a spider I think is a ground spider.  A cabbage butterfly took great interest in the money plant pods.  A blue tail skink ran across the steps.  After lunch, a female hummer fed briefly.  K checked and didn't see any mold. 

While we were in the pool, she saw foxes next door.  We think they were an adult and two cubs but a screen of shrubs made that uncertain.  Certainly, our neighbor noticed them too - I heard him say, "three of them."  I think I saw a towhee feeding a fledgling under the oak, but again, it's hard to be sure.  The sky has grown hazy.

Another pink sunset.  Fireflies are out already.  I saw them a couple of nights ago as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment