Friday, May 9, 2014

Hot sun

Busy wrens.  Ducks and geese are out on the creek. Mid-morning a titmouse teased me as I couldn't take its photo while doing physical therapy.  Another skink came out, but this one looked more like a five lined than a broad headed skink.  No photo, alas.

After we got home, I went outside to sit and see what might appear.  Lots of wasps and a ladybug prowled over the plants.  A couple more skinks hustled past.  Some small butterflies, probably pearl crescents, flitted around and the rue is hosting caterpillars. 

Overhead, I saw a couple of swallows.  I could hear an osprey, but never saw it.  Geese brought their little ones up the hill, but I sent them back.  A starling and a wren sang a duet atop the sweet gum.  The a robin joined in and later a red bellied woodpecker took the spot.  A female hummer came to the feeder.  A cooper's hawk swooped past the feeder as K was standing there and she never saw it! 

Meanwhile, the sky had clouded over from the SW.  This came apart late in the day and made a lurid, streaky sunset. 


No comments:

Post a Comment