Monday, May 5, 2014

Cinco de Mayo

I'm not sure how yesterday got away from me.  It was a lovely, warm day.  The regulars showed up and at twilight, a male towhee.  Egrets waded and flew.  Crows, of course, were ubiquitous.  I assembled the birdhouse and made hummer juice.  K hung the birdhouse in the usual spot.  I also saw a dragonfly, a small, brown butterfly on the money plant, and many wasps and bees. 

This morning, K hung the hummer feeder.  Something, probably a wren, investigated the birdhouse before it was out of the shade.  The towhee and the egrets reappeared, along with the usual suspects. The squirrel with the white spot on its left hip is still with us. A pair of geese with only three goslings paddled downstream. 

Later I saw a bigger butterfly, maybe a swallowtail?  Skinks are awake!  A titmouse visited briefly.  And in the afternoon, we got rain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment