Sunday, May 18, 2014

Slow morning

Just the regulars this morning.  I glimpsed a wren when I went out to shoo the geese.  They have at least half a dozen well grown goslings.  The sun comes and goes as the clouds move around. 

Later a titmouse made a brief visit.  The wren sang its heart out in the dogwood.  A red-bellied woodpecker groomed itself in the top of the sweet gum, then flew over to the oak.  It made a QRRRR sound every few minutes.  Wasps went about their business while a skink darted out of sight.  At lunch a hummer took a brief drink.  I found a net-winged beetle on the money plant. 

Lots of bird calls in the late afternoon.  The woodpecker hammered as well.  And then I heard the crack of rotten wood, but I couldn't see it.  The house wren just sat and listened for a change. 


No comments:

Post a Comment