Thursday, May 29, 2014

Gray sky

The rain stopped well before dawn but the day is cool and dank.  A female hummingbird seemed satisfied with the feeder juice, but camera shy.  Squirrels and the regulars visited.  One squirrel chased another up the feeder post and the pursued leaped into the birdbath with a mighty splash. The termite inspector came early and claimed to have seen a fox with a goose in its mouth in the front yard! 

The hummer was back at lunch.  The cardinals spend so much time patrolling the yard, I wonder if they have time to nest.  I could hear other birds I could not see.  The wrens continue to bustle around their house and to sing.  Have I mentioned there is a wren nest out front on a downspout hidden in the jessamine vine?  I think it's a Carolina wren but it's too dark to be sure. 

Mid afternoon, sprinkles of rain showed in the water. They returned after dark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment