Friday, May 30, 2014

Still gray

There was a brief glimmer of sun so I have hope.  The house wren hunted bugs in the azalea next to the window while the regulars came to the feeder.   The windows picked up too many reflections for me to get a clear shot of the wren. 

A fox sauntered past after lunch.  I saw brown butterflies that I cannot identify. Clouds came and went, keeping the day from warming up, plus it's windy. 

K saw a hummer at supper. I ate later and the fox (or another) walked past again following the same route.  Do they come back by a different path? A cardinal watched from the railing.  Then, like a folk tale, the geese appeared with their goslings.  I shooed them off and on the way back saw the male towhee.  I'd been hearing its piercing one-note whistle but unable to locate the bird. 

The sky cleared at twilight and the breeze dropped.  A few clouds moved down from the WNW and sunset was a rich rose.


No comments:

Post a Comment