Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Hot

There was a thin crescent moon when I got home last night.  And the first hurricane of the year is predicted to visit this coming weekend.  The usual three species greeted me from the feeder this morning.  The cardinals are still dueling.  Crows and gulls and high up, maybe, an eagle were all the birds I saw.  The money is ready to harvest.  The sakaki is nearly finished blooming. 

A frog went for a swim this afternoon.  I rescued it from the pool skimmer.  A black swallowtail and some smaller orange butterflies were joined by a dragonfly.  I rescued a caterpillar from the pool which I'm going to try to raise.  I hope it fell from the cherry becausw I'm not climbing the oak for fresh leaves! 

Followup: the caterpillar didn't survive.  After checking it looks like it was nothing special.  The dragonfly, however, is a Spot-winged Glider - new to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment