Thursday, July 17, 2014

Sunshine!

The blueberries are plump and plentiful.  The feeder regulars have appeared, but no other birds as yet.  Bees are busy but other bugs haven't appeared. An osprey flapped upstream.

Dragonflies came out at lunch time.  A blue dasher perched but the others didn't even slow down.  I heard a bird I don't recognize go sort of teWit-te-witter-witter as it flew past at treetop height.  An egret also flew by.

A fishing spider scuttled across the water but when I came back with the camera, I could not locate it.  I did rescue this huge ant.  We have spittlebugs everywhere - mint, rosemary, and sunflowers.

The temperature was lovely all day and only a little humid, with a breeze.  Fluffy clouds turned a bit dark in the South, but nothing came of it.  At the Central Library I saw swallows in the air and a fairy ring in the lawn. 


No comments:

Post a Comment