Tuesday, July 22, 2014

More sun, less cloud

A male goldfinch was preening on the feeder hanger during breakfast. I went outside with my second cup of coffee  and promptly dropped the cup which broke.  My favorite!

After lunch, a skink wandered around the patio, waving its tail in a sinuous flowing motion.  A mockingbird flew into the cherry tree.  Both male and female goldfinch were hard at work on the sunflowers. 

Later, a variety of dragonflies appeared: a blue dasher, a four-spotted pennant, a slaty skimmer in the photo, and two widow skimmers.  I rescued a cream-colored spider from the pool.  It scuttled off too fast for me to get a good mental image. Piled-high cumulus are streaming out of the Southeast. 

Sunset dyed cloud bars pink and brought out swifts, in Norfolk. 


No comments:

Post a Comment