Monday, July 11, 2016

A little cooler



A morning dove was having a spa day at breakfast but I didn't see any other birds.  The dredge clanked away.  Seed parachutes from the milkweed were flying. 

I rescued several spiders, one was red and one was a mama wolf with her babies.  A palamedes swallowtail flew across the pool at lunch.  A saddlebags dragonfly circled while a blue dasher perched.  A hummer had a good lunch.

When I left to go to a meeting, an ominous black bar of cloud stretched across the Southern sky.  Three hours later it passed overhead but only a few drops of rain fell.  

In the late afternoon, a family of Carolina wrens discovered the mealworm dish.  I'm pretty sure I counted four of them though I only got three at a time in front of the camera.  They had to compete with a blue jay.  The hummer paid quite a few visits to her feeder and also investigated the milkweed.


No comments:

Post a Comment