Friday, July 29, 2016

Not so hot

A laughing gull plunged into the creek like an osprey.  I glimpsed a genuine osprey through the trees.  A pair of cardinals in the midst of ugly molting came for seeds.  A hummer found the lavender.  Later I saw a shadow that looked like a hummer cross the closed blind in the bedroom.  I hope it found the hanging baskets of flowers.  A squirrel drank from the birdbath.  The morning was wasted shopping.

A cloudless sulphur, a cabbage white, a tiger and a black swallowtail flew through the back yard.  A flock of mallards congregated by the dam outfall.  A Carolina wren took note of the refilled worm dish.  K saw three hummers chasing each other.  Titmice came for lunch.  And a male downy woodpecker put in an appearance.

At supper, I saw a four spotted pennant dragonfly on the tall perch.  Hummers zoomed around and then one hummer sat in the dogwood, I think because I came outside to photograph the dragonfly.  The cloud cover appeared quilted with blue gaps as an egret flew home. The West looked golden through the trees. 


No comments:

Post a Comment