Monday, July 18, 2016

Sticky

I woke up to so much condensation on the windows I thought it was raining.  Goldfinches, titmice, and Carolina wrens were up early.  It was already hot and sweaty when I picked blueberries after breakfast.  Clouds and a breeze didn't seem to help.  Something snatched more sunflowers overnight. 

 A black swallowtail and a variegated fritillary flitted around.  A blue dasher perched.  A small black fly bit me so I retired to the air conditioning.  A brown thrasher flew across the yard to the azaleas.  A couple of blue jays stayed mostly secluded in the trees.  A robin found a berry.

The goldfinches were back at supper.  Wrens disputed the mealworms with a blue jay.  Itching made me aware that something(s) bit me in several places.


No comments:

Post a Comment