Friday, July 8, 2016

Hot again

The sky was overcast when I got up but within two hours it had cleared.  A titmouse came early but did not return.  The feeder which was rejected by a hummer yesterday was acceptable today.  I don't understand.  At least three kinds of dragonflies perched around the patio: a bar winged skimmer, a widow skimmer, and a blue dasher.  I saw a small butterfly flitting around the hackberry but it did not land to be identified.

A duck trailed a line of new ducklings downstream past the dredge.  A honeybee looked for nectar but ignored the lavender the bumblebees favor.  Two basilica orbweaver spider (Mecynogea lemniscata)webs glittered in the sun, one in the hibiscus and one in the rue.  The widow skimmer hung around all day.  I wish she had been big enough to tackle the fly that bit me. 

After dark thunder rumbled.


No comments:

Post a Comment