Monday, May 21, 2018

Humid

At breakfast, a female blue dasher dragonfly landed on the watering can.  The molting blue jay was back at lunch.  Bark butter balls made the bird thirsty.  An egret fished below the dam.  A few drops of rain fell. 

I wanted to gel the last seeds in the ground before I'm immobilized.  Lots of mushrooms popped up thanks to the rain.  I saw a skink on the West wall of the house, but the camera decided I wanted a photo of the fence between us.  Some of the oxalis growing in between stones was pink, whether from the minerals or a mutation, I don't know.  I transplanted some to see it the color would change.   The magnolia began blooming. I saw the remains of a crane fly on a wall.  It had interesting wings. 

The pool crew ran into geese with two goslings frantically trying to get out of the water.  The molting jay returned several times.  Toward evening, the feral cat showed up.  I hope the jay avoided it.  And the day concluded with a male hummingbird, but the overcast meant there was no hint of a ruby throat, just a black head.  The temperature dropped in the afternoon but the humidity made me very sweaty. 


No comments:

Post a Comment