Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Rain

A blue jay came for breakfast.  The rain started at lunch time.  It was heavy for a little while and attracted an egret to the dam outfall.  Then I headed out to an appointment that lasted all afternoon.  When I came out, a parade of over two dozen goslings and two adult geese was holding up cars.   And when I reached mine, I heard bird cries and saw two songbirds chasing a Coopers hawk with dinner in its talons.  They all disappeared into a tree and I came home.

Wasps were working on the rue.  The hibiscus finally reappeared.  An incredible number of buds covered the rose.  A couple of blue jays came for bark butter balls.  The creek water was surprisingly clear for right after a rain.  A yellow crowned heron perched on a piling out in the water.  And then the feral cat prowled along the marsh.  A egret and a great blue heron haunted the lake at twilight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment