Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Mostly misses

At breakfast, a hummer was on the feeder and an egret was in the creek.  We went out to lunch, then had dessert on the patio.  I saw a couple of skinks but I guess they saw me as well.  The rue was full of interesting bugs, including a spider. The ladybug and soldier beetles were still on the plant and polistes wasps flitted around it. 

While I was returning books to the library, first a mockingbird and then a brown thrasher posed.  If only I'd had the bigger camera along. At home, a blue jay watched from the oak but I couldn't tell if it was the same one we've been seeing.  The cardinals were still dating. 


As I was about to sit down for supper a pileated woodpecker landed on the post to chck out the suet cage.  I don't know if the suet had gone off or if it saw me reach for the camera, but off it went.


No comments:

Post a Comment