Friday, May 25, 2018

Lovely day

Breakfast was rushed to get to the doctor's office in order to wait.  There I learned that elevated meant my foot had to be higher than my heart, not possible while looking out the window.  So I spent the rest of the morning on my back on the bed.  At least I got to feel the breeze to and from the office.  The temperature was very pleasant in the morning and it was sunny all day with passing clouds.  Hummer(s?) visited.

Lunch and a much delayed home health appointment gave me some time to watch out the window in the afternoon.  I glimpsed a couple of butterflies but saw lots of dragonflies.  I think some were pondhawks, but none of them stopped for a portrait.  Wasps were abundant and more cooperative. 

I saw two skinks.  Blue jays lost some bark butter balls to a crow and some to the courting cardinal. 

I glimpsed a pileated woodpecker on a pine trunk as I was focusing on an egret by the dam.  I thought I saw a wren, but it was a chickadee.  Then I went back to elevating until supper.  About 8pm, a male hummer slipped in to the feeder, without the female noticing. Alas the light was going and all I got was a blur.  Faint contrails turned pink and faded into the dark. 


No comments:

Post a Comment