Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Frustrating day

Murphy's Law was very much in evidence on what was otherwise a pretty day.  Among other issues, the cat seemed to have moved in.  And the geese weren't far behind.  I had some hope that one would discourage the other, but apparently not.  The cat behaved as though there were fish lurking under the pool cover.  I hope it wasn't a drowning skink. 

Something dug up another plant, the hardest one to reach of course. Even the butterflies refused to cooperate.  I saw an emerald pondhawk in a parking lot.  A few turtles hung out on the log in the lake.

A downy woodpecker wanting suet was all I saw at home.  Swallows swooped and chattered in downtown Norfolk.  (I don't understand why they deserve swallows.)  A thin crescent moon hung over a rosy sunset in Norfolk. But I bumped the settings and took a video instead of a snapshot.  The moon was still up when I got home, but it was full dark and the crescent moon was insufficiently bright to take a sharp  photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment