Monday, May 13, 2019

Spider!

Morning was misty and I could barely see the egret at the dam.  Red birds (cardinals & house finches) were courting their beloveds with sunflower seeds.  The female finch resorted to baby talk, fluttering her wings like a fledgling.

As I chopped vegetables, I noticed a spider on the wall.  I captured it and released it outside on the rue.  On my first attempt, I pulled the pill bottle away too quickly and discovered the spider had a safety line attached.  The second time the spider moved onto the rue and I slooowly moved away.  It certainly looked like a green lynx spider.  A beetle (possibly a lightning bug) was hiding on the other side of the rue

The clouds moved away shortly before sunset and the sky was almost clear when I looked for the moon.  It had waxed past the first quarter while hidden by clouds.


No comments:

Post a Comment