Thursday, May 30, 2019

Triple digits

The car claimed 102°F in the late afternoon.  But by firefly time, the temperature was pleasant - warm but not uncomfortable. In the morning, I cut back some overgrown cinquefoil and soon sweat was running into my eyes and dripping off my nose.  Thankfully, that stopped when I got into the water. 

I had to rescue a mama spider twice because after she dried out she ran back into the water.  I also fished out a scarab beetle of some sort.  A whole slew of drowned roaches were circling on the current.  Dragonflies resumed their flights across the yard, but some dropped out to rest on a perch.  Bees celebrated the flowering of the lavender. 

We put fresh juice out for hummers, but they didn't stay long.  That feeder lacks perches and it was windy.


No comments:

Post a Comment