Saturday, May 4, 2019

Plant sale

The sun coyly peeked out then hid. Two male cardinals both claimed the seed feeder. I could tell them apart in photos because one was missing feathers just above his beak.  A bird with a yellow breast bathed in the pool puddle.  The house wren hunted bugs under the feeder. 

Then K came with me to the Master Gardeners' sale at the Farmers' Market. We came home with two vines, two pollinator attractors, and two pots of spikemoss. Also strawberries, asparagus and broccoli.  While waiting for an expert's advice, I tool a couple of pictures of a starling with nesting material, I think. It may have been dinner. 

Butterflies and dragonflies were out when we got home.  I could identify a cabbage white, a palamedes swallowtail and a female Eastern pondhawk.  There were orange-brown butterflies as well. A brown thrasher scuttled around on the pool cover.  I don't know what it was after.  Clouds menaced and then went away but there was no rain all day, but plenty of sweat..


No comments:

Post a Comment