Thursday, May 23, 2019

Nice day

The hummers sucked the feeder dry during the day.  The romantic cardinals (bald forehead male) carried on courting.  The fully feathered male sneaked in for seeds that must have given him indigestion, he was so twitchy.  The blue jay beat me again.  Late in the afternoon, a pair of Carolina wrens snacked on the suet. 

A white moth spent the day on my office window.  A big stink bug landed on the glass too.  Dragonflies were everywhere despite the gusty wind.  I put out stakes for them to perch on.  Butterflies ventured out but I couldn't catch any of them.  Tiny ants were up to something on the mountain mint.  I pruned myself a view of the turtles.

Clouds in the afternoon looked like immanent rain, but they lied.  In an hour, blue sky was back.  A chunk of driftwood fooled me into thinking I was seeing a dead goose.


No comments:

Post a Comment