Thursday, May 16, 2019

Pool opening

The cardinals were still billing, though not cooing.  I think the chickadees were flirting too.  Little birds flitted around in the trees, but I could not get a good look.  The a pair of Carolina wrens came to the feeders. 

While the pool crew worked, I potted some plants on the front patio.  Dragonflies zipped past.  There were two mud dauber tubes on the wall.  A female hummer came for lunch.  I camera-chased a butterfly all over the yard.  It turned out to be a black swallowtail, but there were others: cabbage whites, a tiger, snouts, etc.  I saw one skink survey the pool and then skitter off.  They had been soaking up the warmth under the cover,  The tide was surprisingly high, again. 

At supper, I left the camera in another room.  And so, the male red bellied woodpecker showed up for the first time in months.  How do I know it was the same bird?  He went to the old feeder location. 

No comments:

Post a Comment