Monday, July 8, 2019

Just a sprinkle

 It was very wet when I got up but apparently the hummer juice was OK.  A dragonfly was on guard.  The sun came out and stayed till mid afternoon.  And one hummer tried the daisies! 

Some wasps continually harass others as they feed, I wonder why.  A great golden digger wasp showed up after several days without one.   I saw three different butterflies but didn't get a single photo.  A beautiful orb weaver set up shop next to the rue, a prime location.  And it already had a prize wrapped up in silk.  

I rescued a baby skink from the water.  Later I twice saw a skink of the same size, but I think there were three of them.

Blue dashers and great blue skimmers perched, and a Needham's skimmer joined them briefly.  A Carolina saddlebags and a 12 spotted skimmer stayed aloft as clouds rolled down from the North.  Sprinkles of rain sent me indoors but it didn't amount to much and there was some sunshine afterwards.  But it was cloudy  again at dusk when I was hoping to see the moon.  At least I could see the fireflies and hear the cicadas. 


No comments:

Post a Comment