Saturday, July 27, 2019

Predators

The bald male cardinal appeared to be hunting for caterpillars on the butterfly weed.  I hope that they were not all eaten, but I didn't see any.  The usual wasps fed on the mountain mint.  Hummer wars were frequent.  I surprised an night heron and a crow (I think) at the water's edge.  Then I went off to staff a voter registration drive in a hot downtown park with teens performing, loudly.  

After I got home, I went out to check on my favorite spider.  At first all I could see was a moth in the web.   Then the Argiope came climbing up to wrap its prize.  I  could see a planet, presumably Jupiter, in the Southern sky but the moon was waning and in hiding till morning.  I finally found a website for planets with daily updates like the one for the moon.



No comments:

Post a Comment