Sunday, July 7, 2019

Rain

The Carolina wren was back for breakfast.  When we got home, a widow skimmer zipped out of the way.  Later I glimpsed a tiger swallowtail.The sky was white but there was sunshine.

I went out to swim about 3pm.  The wasps and bees were still obsessed with the mountain mint.  I wasn't in the water too long when the sky to the South got very dark and thunder growled. As the clouds gathered overhead, the twelve-spotted skimmers flew unusually low.  They were very active, so I guess there were plenty of mosquitoes anticipating puddles.

The clouds were writhing so much I wondered about tornadoes.  Still, no rain fell till around 4pm.  But once begun, it kept on for the rest of the afternoon. While we waited, a hummer, chickadees, and the bald cardinal snatched supper. 


No comments:

Post a Comment