Thursday, August 22, 2019

Another thunderstorm


At breakfast time I put out fresh bark butter balls.  I sprayed neem oil on the hibiscus and the rose, avoiding the part where the mantis lurked.  And later I also swapped out the hummer feeder.  Then I was gone for hours.  The volunteer butterfly milkweed bloomed again after being stripped by seven caterpillars.  The flowers attracted a tiger swallowtail and a cloudless sulphur.   But the swallowtail would not share so the sulphur visited a zinnia instead. 

I found a skink floating and tried to revive it but I was too late.  A dragonfly was perched on the new stake when I went out to swim.  But it disappeared some time before thunder chased me out of the water.  I think it was a slaty skimmer.  The thunder accompanied a dark, slow-moving cloud that violated the weather prediction.  And later as darkness fell, there was rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment