Thursday, August 15, 2019

Surprise sunshine

Hummers were already feeding when I got up and I woke early.  Titmice and the usual three showed up as soon as I opened the seed feeder.  I saw the first morning glory of the year.

At lunchtime,  I saw a tiger and a black swallowtail, and I think a red admiral.   Later a cloudless sulphur flitted past.  A blue jay inspected a knothole on the top side of an oak limb.  Short of buying a drone, I won't know what it found there but a couple of weeks ago a red bellied woodpecker did the same thing. 

I was expecting an all day rain so the sunshine after lunch lured me into the pool.  Also, I saw a skink swimming in the water and didn't want to have to deal with its carcase tomorrow. 

As I dripped dry, I noticed an odd bee, or maybe bee fly.  A few dragonflies were out but not in the mood to pose.  The rain returned around 5pm. 


No comments:

Post a Comment