Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Frog and squirrel

Raindrops decorated every surface when I got up.  A Carolina wren inspected the bark butter ball feeder and found it wanting.  After I refilled it, bluebirds came.  Then the cat tried to catch a cardinal. 

At lunch, my eye caught a squirrel jumping straight up.  Then it turned and made a cautious approach to something that turned out to be a sizeable green bullfrog.  The squirrel seemed to want to play with the frog which just wanted to finish its journey to the puddle in the middle of the pool cover.  Much jumping ensued till the squirrel gave up, or didn't want to get wet. I would have videoed it but the railing and other objects were in the foreground. 

In the late afternoon I wandered around the front yard.  Storm clouds were blowing in from the West.  In the back, I could see an egret downstream inspect a trap of some sort.  Then the rain hit.


No comments:

Post a Comment