Friday, May 15, 2020

Goose girl

I saw many things for which I have no evidence, a little green heron in flight, a soaring osprey, wrens, bluebirds, and a few butterflies.  Eventually a blue jay took pity and posed. 

I missed some of those because I didn't have the camera when I chased off those waddling poop-machines called Canada geese.  There were two families, one with five and one with two goslings, A South wind blew the water out of the creek.  But I got only the rear end of a yellow crowned night heron as it passed under the dock. 

Despite the wind, the rue had some interesting visitors including a bumblebee that was distinctly striped.  There were mason and paper wasps and other kinds of bees buzzing around the rue.  The temperature rose to 89°F.




No comments:

Post a Comment