Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Gray day

Gray does not suit Cinco de Mayo but that's what we had.  Only one turtle made the effort to climb out of the water.  A few raindrops landed on the windshield as I left for Newport News and by the time I arrived it was really raining.  The process reversed as I retraced my route.  All I saw in the estuary was two gulls on a light pole. 

After I got home, not only did the rain stop, the sky lightened and there were even a few minutes of sunshine.  A male goldfinch hung out in the dogwood.  The hummer returned or else another female arrived.  Bluebirds gave me the look that signaled the bark butter balls were all gone so I hobbled out with more.  And a blue jay swooped down to stuff its beak.  I saw but didn't get a picture of an osprey and a red bellied woodpecker.


No comments:

Post a Comment