Monday, May 25, 2020

White breasted nuthatch

It was another dank, gray day until the overcast broke up about 6pm.  It was a little warmer and not quite as breezy, so I did some outdoor work.  I was sitting, watching clouds flow over from the Northeast when the nuthatch came to the seed feeder.  I was too close to move the camera into range, but fortunately the nuthatch returned after I went inside.

Carolina wrens, bluebirds, a titmouse, and a blue jay made off with bark butter balls. K saw a hummingbird but I missed it.  A chickadee wedged itself inside the wrought iron feeder hanger. 

A pair of cardinals seemed very anxious as they stuffed themselves full of seeds.  Soon the other pair showed up and chased them away.

Quite a few honeybees buzzed around the rue.  I found a gray russula toadstool. 


No comments:

Post a Comment