Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Cold front arrived

The male hummer stuffed himself.   So did a Carolina wren, but with different food.  I hustled to put out more barkbutter balls.   The hibiscus put out a flower. But the second sunflower was not that far along. A female great blue skimmer perched outside my room.  Later a blue dasher took up that post. 

I picked figs because rain was predicted.  Green June beetles shared a fig.  The fig collecting made me very glad to get into the water.  The pool also attracted three frogs.  The bigger one ws a green frog and I think the other two were leopard frogs.  I saw a tiger swallowtail, a black swallowtail and a monarch.   Blue jays were excited by the fresh bardbutter balls. The two monarch caterpillars were still growing.   The peppers were ripening. 

We barely made it home ahead of the storm.  


No comments:

Post a Comment