Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Rescues

The juvenile cardinal was back.  Red hibiscus and blue morning glories both bloomed but not together.  The creek was flat under the hazy sky. 

I sprayed the aphids with soapy water and wiped them off the milkweed.  I also sprayed the spider mites on the rosemary.  It remains to be seen if that did any good.  While I was over there, I saw skinks in the water and rescued three of them, all bluetails.  I also found a dead one in the skimmer and later another skink swimming.  The skimmer contained three frogs in addition to the skink corpse.  Several beetles, crickets, a robber fly, and a black bee got a second chance at life.  

A blue dasher watch my rescue operations.  A megachile leaf cutter bee enjoyed the mountain mint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment