Sunday, August 28, 2022

Humid and hot

The first time Andy howled to go outside, I noticed an assassin bug nymph hanging out on the barkbutter hanger.  It sparkled red and gold so I tried to photograph it despite its minuscule size.  At the other end of the scale, there were fresh plate-size hibiscus flowers and at least two buds for tomorrow.  A few fraying clouds floated in the mostly clear sky. 

The second time we went out, a tiger swallowtail had found the butterfly milkweed.  A little skink started across the patio and the camera battery gave out.  I also missed a brown headed nuthatch and a hummingbird while trying to get the fresh battery to function. 

I chased a skink around the skimmer while one frog jumped for land and another dived.  After I got the skink out, I put two frogs out on the pool deck.  So, were there three frogs or did the one that went landward return? 

Dragonflies found two of my perches.  One was a tattered slaty skimmer and the other a blue dasher.  An amberwing lurked in the mountain mint.  When I watered the milkweed, I found a small spider wrapping up dinner.  That reminded me to check on the orchard spider outside my window.   There were little arc and orb webs all over the fig. 


No comments:

Post a Comment