Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Frog moving day

Today the camera decided to cooperate.  Squirrels played follow the leader during breakfast.  I think I counted five of them swinging Tarzan-style through the trees.  This was the final slowpoke.  

I organized myself for a morning swim.  Scary clouds boiled on the South, but moved West to East, giving me some shade without rain.  I thought I heard thunder but it might have been jets.  The green frog was back so this time I relocated it all the way to the fig patch.  The downspout should provide wetness and there's an all-it-can-eat mosquito buffet.  

Some mushrooms popped up, fertilized by rotting figs.  The rain, two days ago and humidity since rotted all the ripe figs.  I knocked down what I could so they wouldn't infect others.  The sunflower looked healthy and much less bug-chewed than the other one.  

Dragonflies showed up at lunchtime.  They ignored my bamboo stakes and preferred the dead gladiolus stalks.  I'm pretty sure one was a female widow skimmer.  Another was a female blue dasher.  A tiger swallowtail zipped past.  Wasps and bees of many sorts bounced around the mountain mint.  Alas I think the spider mites returned.  A skink caught my eye but it caught my movement and was gone into the violets. 

A bluebird wanted some barkbutter balls but I was in the way.  A hummingbird rejected the sugar water.  There will be fresh tomorrow.  


No comments:

Post a Comment