Sunday, August 7, 2022

Green head fly!

The hummers were hungry and there were several disputes over the feeder.  Despite the heat, the dog insisted on several trips outside,Menacing clouds blew through and there were a couple of showers.  (The prediction was way off the mark!)   I missed getting a picture of the brown headed nuthatch. 

Skippers returned to the mountain mint and a black swallowtail flitted around the rue.  Mockingbirds were hungry enough to consider feeder food.  Bluebirds looked disheveled from molting.  I only glimpsed a goldfinch but a pine warbler.was willing to be photographed.  Other birds wanted cherries.  I suspected the blue jays of going after the blueberries.  A whole family of titmice were at the sunflower seeds whenever cardinals let them. 

Speaking of sunflowers, one had the beginnings of a bud.  A skink ran across the steps.  Brown May beetles and green Junebug beetles went for a swim.  Two little frogs were in the skimmer.Despite their escape into the pool, they weren't hard to catch.  I wish I could convince them to stay out because the pol chemicals kill them. 

The evil fly tried to bite me as soon as I was out of the water.  I had to go dripping into the house to get away.  Bluebirds and pine warblers continued their feeder visits.  A male towhee foraged under the feeder.  A white breasted nuthatch preferred to stay up on the feeder. 


No comments:

Post a Comment