Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Another hot one

The only thing I saw at breakfast was a hummer.  But I did get going and into the pool in the morning.  There were two live frogs and one corpse today.  I tossed all three down the hill. But I rescued a wolf spider and her babies.  The Argiope was still between the rue and the hibiscus.  And there were interesting webs on the parsley with a caterpillar in the middle. 

I glimpsed several skinks but they all got away.  A duskywing landed on a wilted morning glory.  I also saw a monarch, a black swallowtail and a palamedes swallowtail, a clouded sulphur, a snout, and a red spotted purple.  A tiny, delicate damselfly landed between me and the camera.  I saw a couple of dragonflies on the wing.  But the only decent photo out of all this was a grasshopper on the downspout. 


No comments:

Post a Comment