Friday, August 3, 2018

Clouded up

Today followed the same pattern of a nice morning clouding up by lunch time.  The hummers stayed agitated by all the other birds wanting seeds.  Two black swallowtails egged everything.  A tiger swallowtail flitted through.  And a skipper fed on the portulaca.  I glimpsed an unidentified orange butterfly. A strange fly peered through the window at me. 

A pileated woodpecker flew over after lunch.  Blue jays and doves arrived just after that.  A house finch with a naked belly begged, though it had been feeding itself for some time. A monarch wanted the milkweed all to itself but the swallowtails kept interfering.

Late in the afternoon the sky cleared somewhat.  I saw a mockingbird but I was on the phone at the time.  I think I even saw a blue jay chase the mockingbird. 


No comments:

Post a Comment