Friday, August 24, 2018

Breezy

It was still a bit cool for August, especially in the shade.  And the breeze made itself felt when I got out of the water.  A great blue heron chased another out of its fishing spot.  The goldfinch pair came for water but left faster than I could zoom the camera.  I did finally catch a badly molting blue jay.  Hummers never objected to posing. A gray bird I think was a mockingbird alighted briefly in a dogwood across the pool. 

The cicada I found last night was defunct today and tiny ants were trying to harvest it.   I had to dispose of both a frog and a mature skink.  I saw a few butterflies, including a red spotted purple that got away.  Yet another mama wolf spider needed rescue from the skimmer.  I also very carefully fished out a red and black wasp.  A female Needhams's skimmer perched but a male common whitetail preferred to be on the ground. 


No comments:

Post a Comment