Friday, August 31, 2018

Another storm

Somehow I managed to erase all the pictures on my main camera.  At breakfast I saw titmice.  I rescued a frog, a mama wolf spider, and a big green June beetle. A ladybug, alas, was beyond help.  A hummer landed directly over me and I was looking forward to those shots. Blue jays set up a racket in the oak.  I saw a brownish butterfly and a very tattered female black swallowtail.  A female widow skimmer used the perch for a while and a saddlebags ruled the upper airspace.  The argiope was still in its web. 

Fortunately, I had the little snapshot camera along in the car during the storms yesterday and today.  A scary wall of darkness pushed up from the South as I drove West. Thunder and lightning ran ahead of it.  The rain finally arrived as I headed home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment