Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Clear sky

I was up before the sun, but I was working with my back to the window.  The early light reflected in the creek seemed misty and dawn was quite chilly.  When I got to breakfast, so did the Carolina wrens.  One silly wren had a mouthful of mealworms and couldn't figure out what to do next.  The hummers finally showed up as the day warmed.

The morning glories were the same blue as the pool.  And the pool was full of frogs. A large green frog was sitting on the edge of the pool.  There were three frogs in the skimmer along with two huge, dead roaches.  I encountered more frogs swimming and heaved them out of the water.  I also encountered  another drowned roach.  Damselflies alighted on the pool edge but didn't stay.  I think one was a blue fronted dancer. 

In the afternoon, a bird grasshopper landed on the window screen.  I went outside to see it better and found the day had gotten very hot.  But because I was outside, I saw a skink in the water.  I managed to rescue it despite its efforts to escape. 


No comments:

Post a Comment