Wednesday, September 18, 2019

North wind

The sun was bright but it had to dodge between clouds and the wind was cold, so this was another day when the water was warmer than the air.  And the water wasn't all that warm.  It was, however full of more debris than Hurricane Dorian deposited.  All kinds of leaves and lots and lots of pine needles covered the surface.  Most critters stayed away.  I did see someone net something and carry it down hill, but no one told me what.  I found a wheel bug but it was deceased.

At lunch time a skink crossed the steps.  Squirrels stole more pecans but the tree was loaded.  I cut down the fall webworm nest in the pecan.  Wrens visited and I heard blue jays. A bird explored our garage but left before I could identify or photograph it. 

The clouds made a magnificent sunset - the atmosphere seemed suffused with amber and rose and the clouds were gold.  As I passed the 64 - 264 interchange about 6:45pm a flock of crows swirled overhead.  An omen of the mega-murder to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment