Monday, September 23, 2019

Equinox

It seemed to me that the first day of Fall was rather late this year, though It was a little warmer than the last day of Summer.  I was up early enough to appreciate the waning moon, two days past  the third quarter.  The left side of the moon is less interesting than the right. 

In the afternoon, I discovered a glass snail on the patio.  The sky held more haze and wispy clouds today but the sun was bright. 

I rescued a tiny (half the size of a ladybug) orange beetle with a transparent rim.  The dark underside looked very much like a ladybug beetle but it was actually a golden tortoise beetle (Charidotella sexpunctata). 

A molting Carolina wren snacked on mealworms.  Blue jays were audible but more secretive than yesterday.  I did not see any hummers.  


No comments:

Post a Comment