Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Afternoon rain

The summer weather pattern of afternoon thunderstorms settled in.  So, believing the weather prediction, I headed out to the pool in the morning.  A skink was startled, ran off, then peeked back at me.  

I rescued many beetles, a few spiders including a mama, and quite a few winged ants and wasps.  A huge copper-brown ant disappeared down a crack just as I was getting her in focus.  Ungrateful!  The beetles included a firefly and a leatherwing.  A blue dasher perched in back of the house.  I caught just a glimpse of a tiger swallowtail.  A couple of snails stayed in their shells.  

A great blue heron flew upstream, a great egret walked under the bulkhead, and a yellow crowned night heron just fished.  Crows came for barkbutter balls but blue jays got more of them.  A couple of ducks and a turtle stayed on the lake logs after clouds covered the sun.  


No comments:

Post a Comment