Thursday, June 10, 2021

Overcast

The rain brought lots of flowers out, including four different daylilies.  I rescued a couple of spider mamas and some other critters. More snails floated in the water but I gave up on them.   A small caterpillar of a type I'd not seen before promenaded along the pool coping.  

The day was mostly cloudy but began to be very dark around 4pm so I hurried outside to finish planting the bulbs I tried and failed to force to bloom indoors.  There was a white slime mold in much the same area I saw one last summer.  A winged ant queen tried to find a way into the house.  And sure enough, the rain caught me and soaked me.  

It was not a hard rain and though it lasted some time the ant moats did not seem to gain water.  A titmouse caught something in the hibiscus thicket,  During a lull, the brown thrashers, a red bellied and a downy woodpecker, and a Carolina wren all came seeking supper, but there was none to be had.  I plan to fix that tomorrow.  I know, I said no more suet, but the birds disappeared.  





No comments:

Post a Comment