Thursday, June 24, 2021

Skink

I finally found a cooperative tiger swallowtail, right outside my window.  It sat on a cinquefoil leaf for quite some time.  A male downy woodpecker continued to check on the empty suet cage, then pecked the post in frustration.  Carolina wrens checked in as well. 

Finally after four online meetings I had time for the pool.  The water was warm but the North wind was not.  A spider tried to use me as a life preserver but I felt the tickle of its feet and brushed it off.  Then I had to properly rescue it.  My best guess is that it was a woodlouse spider but it was much paler than any other that I've seen.  

I almost didn't go to the deep end because I was cold, but fortunately for a skink, I did.  It was big enough to know better than to go for a swim and it seemed stunned by the experience.  Quite some time passed before it began to move around normally.  

In the evening, the twelve spotted dragonflies were out as usual.  Fluffy cumulus chased the sun to get a paint job.  


No comments:

Post a Comment