Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Hot

A hummer came to breakfast.  A brown thrasher was up early scouting for crumbs.  Wasps and bees went for the mountain mint, as did a brown stinkbug.  

I rescued a horntail that was still actively struggling and must have just fallen in the water.  It didn't take long to recover.  I also rescued a mama wolf spider and her progeny. An odd green floater turned out to be a stinkbug.  I rescued scarab and ground beetles but not the Japanese beetle. 

A widow skimmer spent the day on the perch outside my window.  A pondhawk used the stalk that had held daylily flowers as an observation post.  A blue dasher perched delicately on a long, thin leaf.  Another later obelisked on a lavender pod.  Lots more blueberries had ripened and I got very sweaty picking them.  


No comments:

Post a Comment