Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Still hot & humid

While I was doing dishes after breakfast, there were two hummer visits.  A female bluebird had some suet.  A perched dragonfly, a female bar-winged skimmer, turned iridescent.  Much later, I spied a blue dasher.  A damselfly hung around to pool making me wonder if I was bait. 

I rescued a bunch of brown scarabs and a woodlouse hunter spider that was clinging to an oak leaf.  That spider species drowns very quickly so it was fortunate to have found the leaf.    A great golden digger wasp appeared on the mountain mint.  So did a brown stinkbug, rusty carpenter bee and a big yellow bumblebee. 

Huge dark cumulus clouds looked like rain and there was loud thunder in the afternoon but no precipitation.  The hibiscus sawflies were leaving eggs on the hibiscus leaves so I will need to spray more neem oil.  At twilight the tide was quite low and the fireflies were thick.  I tried once again to catch them on camera and actually succeeded!  


No comments:

Post a Comment