Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Hazy

It was just barely warm enough to get into the pool. Haze made the sun feel warm instead of hot.  There was enough humidity aloft to make contrails crisscrossing in every direction but East.  A couple of skinks crossed the patio. 

I spotted some 12-spotted skimmers cruising overhead, but didn't manage to catch any on camera. Big darners banged into the window, but even so were too fast for me.  Fortunately, the great blue skimmers prefer to perch and watch for dinner to fly by.  Bees and wasps visited the rue.  I found a glass snail and put it in the birdbath.

Blue jays tried to avoid having a picture taken while eating the treats I provide.  Crows just wanted to eat.  I wonder if the titmice were carrying food to fledglings - there was a lot of commotion in the leaves when they flew in.  Ditto for the brown thrashers.  A Carolina wren poked around the fork of an oak limb.  I also saw woodpeckers, cardinals, and bluebirds.  A hummer visited briefly.  I made fresh sugar water yesterday but something still seems unacceptable.  


No comments:

Post a Comment